
As I started taking pictures of my phone, Don looked at me and said "have you lost your mind? Why are you taking pictures of your phone? Are you selling it?" I just laughed and said "no". Not even 30 seconds later, Ashley looked at me and said "whyyyy are you taking pictures of your phone?" I shook my head as I chuckled and told her that my phone was the only thing keeping me sane in this wonderful house with my wonderful family. She didn't respond.
Little does she know that I was mostly telling her the truth. The majority of the population sees it as a phone, but to me, it is the device that pulls me back to sane when I am hanging by a thread on the edge of insanity. That little option called "texting" is a lifesaver! When I am having a bad day, or a tough moment, I just need to send a text to one of my texting buddies and instantly the stress disappears. Within moments one of them will "say" something that will have me giggling and all is fine again. Don can always tell when I am texting just by my giggles from seemingly out of nowhere. A "simple" little device with a great big job!

No comments:
Post a Comment