Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th

We always have 2 Christmas trees. The big one is decorated with apples, bows, balls and pinecones while the 4 1/2 footer gets covered in Disney ornaments. I started collecting the Grolier Disney Ornament set years before I had kids. I thought they were cute and since I didn't have kids, had the spare money to buy one each month. Anyway, we took down the big tree right after Christmas but the little tree stayed put. Tonight I brought the boxes in and put Halle to work taking down the ornaments. She had such focus and concentration, trying to get that little string off of the branch without pulling the tree over on herself and taking care not to break the ornaments. In the end, she pulled 3 ornaments off of the tree and decided that playing "Smurf" was much more fun.


1 comment:

  1. Cute! We only have one tree right now, but we get one or 2 new ornaments each year, and I hope to one day have my "themed" tree plus a tree for all our keepsake ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete