Friday, January 22, 2010

January 22nd - Strange Weather & A Little Celebration

Today was the 6th day in a row of rain! That is simply amazing for this part of the world. More amazing, however, was that not only have we had massive amounts of rain, but we have also had some wind, thunder, lightening and hail! All of those things are really quite rare around here. This afternoon I heard the tapping sounds of heavy rain or small hail and looked out my window to see that it was definitely hail! Fortunately my camera was in my purse so I grabbed and ran outside under the covered deck. There was so much pea sized hail, it almost looked like a layer of snow!


For dinner tonight, we had a little celebration. Halle's favorite restaurant of all time is TGI Friday's. Last year the tore the location near us down and Halle was very upset until we saw the sign that said "TGI Friday's coming soon!" at the same spot. The new restaurant opened in October but we haven't had a chance to go. Don starts a new contract on Monday so it seemed like a good opportunity for a little dinner out. I started mine with a $5 Margarita and enjoyed every sip. Don thought I was crazy when I pulled the camera out of my purse, but that's ok because he just might be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment