Tuesday, August 3, 2010

July 22nd - July 31st, 2010

July 22nd - Halle was helping her teacher take a cart of supplies up to the main office today.  It was really cute to see her pushing the cart alongside her teacher.  By the time I got the camera out of my purse, they were hidden by the trees.  Oh well, I tried.



July 23rd - Halle did not want to go to bed tonight so once I had reached my limit and was starting to get frustrated, I told her to lay down on the couch without making any noises and go to sleep.  She went to sleep almost immediately.  A little while later, I heard her stirring so I looked over and saw her staring at the tv.  Then she closed her eyes and continued to sleep.  Not even 5 minutes after that, I turned around and found her curled up with the dog bed.



July 24th - Some friends had a birthday party this afternoon / evening.  All of the kids at the party got a giant glow stick.  Halle had to take hers to bed with her, which I thought was cute.  I took some pictures of her curled up with her glow stick and then thought it might be fun to take some pictures playing with the glow stick in the dark.  I got out my remote, set my camera up on Halle's dresser and played around.  Can you tell what word I was writing here?


Can you identify this shape?  Gonna have to buy me some more glow sticks one of these days and have some more fun.



July 25th - Our Atrium - mid construction.  Remember how I said I thought I was allergic to my house?  Well, for the longest time now, I was convinced that there was bad stuff growing in my atrium.  Several years ago, my in-laws built a wood floor for us.  It was full of dirt and that just didn't work with kids!  Anyway, we had some foam gym mats on the wood floor and apparently that wasn't a good combination.  The wood molded and rotted under the mats.  Don took care of the mold a few months ago, but I was still convinced there was something bad out there.  So, not being able to breathe in my own house, was all it took to motivate me to do something about it.  My good friend, Heidi, whom I don't know what I would do without, came over one evening and we ripped up the wood floor.  Not surprisingly, we found a carpet of mold growing on the dirt.  The next morning, before work, I went over to Home Depot and picked up some mold killer and then came home and got to work killing the mold.  That night, after work, I shovelled several trash bags of dirt out of the atrium and into the trash.  Today, some more of my good friends that I don't know what I would do without, met me at Home Depot and helped me bring home 60 paving stones.  They then helped me haul out some more dirt and helped me level the atrium.  Later today, Heidi came over and her and I spread the paving sand and put down the paving stones.  This is the shot after Jason and Arlene left, but before Heidi arrived.



July 26th - Another shot of the atrium - this one is after the paving stones sat overnight.  You can see that I still need to finish the edges but it is starting to look like a better place already!


July 27th - Kids Eat Free night.  Halle and I have started calling this our date night.  We have a mother-daughter dinner date on Tuesdays and she loves it!



July 28th - Halle does some modelling for a catalogue every now and then.  Today was one of her work days.  The product they were shooting was face paint and face stampers so they decorated her face and started shooting.  They let her keep her face paint on so her school friends could see it.  I took this picture of her just before she went in to her classroom.


Quite some time ago I made a family tree so the kids could keep track of their Grandma's, Grandpa's, Aunts, Uncles and cousins since they don't get to see them very often.  I used some fabric that looks like tree branches / leaves and some fabric that looks like tree trunk and made a huge tree to put on the wall.  I then asked everybody to take a head / shoulders picture in front of a shrub or bush and put them all on the tree.  The kids, especially Halle, thought it was great.  Unfortunately, the pictures were all old and the tree was getting dusty so I took it down, pulled off all of the pictures and threw the tree in the wash.  And now I need updated pictures!  Since Halle is the only one home, her and I headed out to the shrubs so we could get a new picture for her spot on the tree.



July 29th - Apparently Halle decided her bed wasn't the place to sleep tonight.  I found her sleeping at the top of the stairs instead.



July 30th - Today was the last day of the 2nd session of swimming so the kids got to go off the diving board twice.  The first time they did the frontstroke to the edge and the 2nd time they did the backstroke to the wall.  4 weeks down, 4 to go!




July 31st - Soccer again.  I only had my pocket camera with me so the pictures aren't great quality, but they work.  Halle did pretty good today.  She actually got to touch the ball several times during the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment