Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 24th - April 4th

March 24th - Halle's annual eye appointment - Halle said that she didn't need to go see the eye doctor because her eyes were fine.  The eye doc confirmed that her eyes were fine and then she started telling me that she needed glasses because she couldn't see well.



March 25th - Ashley is having a rock wall climbing birthday party this year.  Go ahead and try finding goody bags and party accessories to go with that theme!  Maybe if Spiderman climbed rock walls!  Of course we always try to be environmentally friendly so off we went to the fabric store to look for rock looking fabric.  Ashley actually helped with the sewing so making the bags wasn't too bad.  The climbing beads, on the other hand, were really fun - haha.  Ashley tried to help with those but they were very wiggly so she did about 4 of the 120 total!  Doesn't matter, she tried and she was pleased with the finished product.



March 26th - The goody bag contents - bendy climber guy, rock necklace, key chain flashlight, rock candy, egg shaped climbing chalk, 3 carabiners and 3 sticky wall climber guys.



March 27th - Time for swimming lessons again!  Normally the kids take year round swim lessons in our outdoor city pool.  However, I really felt we were going to have a chilly fall and winter so I didn't sign the girls up for those sessions.  They have been dying to get back in the water so we signed them up for the spring session.  Today was the first day and though the weather was nice and warm, there was a nasty Santa Ana wind that was incentive to stay under water as much as possible!



March 28th - Today was Ashley's 10th birthday.  10!  Can you believe it?  I have 2 pictures for you today just because!  She had her birthday party, as previously mentioned, at the rock wall climbing facility and had a blast.

After her party and gifts opening, we went out to do her annual birthday photo shoot.  She is at the stage where her posed smile isn't all that flattering.  She kind of wraps her lip to the inside and rolls it over her upper teeth.  I told her to pretend she was talking on her new phone and got this great shot!  And yes, she got a cell phone for her birthday.  She has never asked for one, but she is at the age where she is spending more time away from home for school, girl scouts, with friends etc. and there has been a couple of times when I was supposed to pick her up and, despite giving myself a 10 - 15 minute cushion, ended up stuck in traffic due to an accident ahead and haven't been able to contact her.  It is such a helpless feeling that we decided it was time to get her a phone.  She LOVED it!

Racing to the top of the wall and then stopping to wave to Daddy on the cell phone camera.



March 29th - Remember how I mentioned that Halle has been telling me she can't see and needs glasses?  Well, when I went to get my new glasses, I told the technician of my dilemma and asked if they might have some inexpensive frames I could buy to give Halle her fix and move on.  I was kind of tired of hearing her tell me several times each day that she needed glasses.  After I picked her up from school, we went to Target to get some lightbulbs and I asked her if she needed anything.  She told me she needed glasses because she couldn't see so I took them out of my purse and put them on her.  She instantly started beaming and said "I CAN SEE!!!!"  She was super excited and I was highly amused.  She looks so darn cute in them!



March 30th - Izzie was all curled up sleeping tonight but for some reason she had her nose completely tucked under the pillow.  Maybe she had gas and didn't feel like smelling it?



March 31st - This is how she normally sleeps after the kids go to bed.



April 1st - Halle had an Easter concert, egg scramble and picnic lunch at school today.  The kids were each allowed to get 10 eggs.


Technically I didn't take this pic but a friend took it with my camera so I thought I would share since I am normally on the other side of the lens!



April 2nd - Last night at dinner time, Halle said that her throat was sore and her tummy hurt.  She had eaten half of her noodles so we decided maybe she would have a relaxing bath and see how she felt after.  She didn't really feel better after her bath and bedtime was pretty easy which led me to believe she was getting sick.  Just after I went to bed, she started moaning and crying.  When I went in to see her, I realized that she had a fever.  I gave her some tylenol and we cuddled up on the couch.  This morning she took off her jammie top and her chest and back were covered in a rash.  Her throat was so sore she couldn't even swallow her saliva.  I was pretty sure she had strep throat so called the doctor and went in for the confirmation.  Poor kid spent the whole day curled up in the corner of the couch or on my lap.  She barely moved, except to empty her saliva filled mouth and didn't talk at all.  Poor baby!  Here she is crashed for the night with her faithfully dog at her feet.



April 3rd - Home Depot day - The first Saturday of every month is kids workshop day.  We weren't sure if we were going to be going today due to Halle's strep, but she woke up good as new and FULL of energy so away we went.  The girls built butterfly houses and went for an egg hunt in the greenhouse.  Halle felt the need to give me her eyes closed "nice" smile today.



April 4th - Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment